Discovering the Antlered Goddess through Sculpture
I have worked magically with the Antlered dieties since I was about 11yrs old seeing them in my spiritual work and in Nature both inwardly and outwardly. Back then there was very little reference to antlered gods and none to Antlered Goddess although she was with me so often, It would be years later before I would see any images of her and the single statue in the British Museum. In the 70's and early 80's the only references were the Native American Deer Mother some suggested folklore of the Reindeer herder culture.
Herne was rediscovered by the pagan community due to the increased popularity of Celtic culture in popular history programmes and the new version of Robin Hood brought to tv by Richard Carpenter.
However how does this brink me to sculpture, well it was the lack of statures and the like which brought me to the process of making my own starting with the gaia style Goddesses and Cernnunos based Images which were available.Over the years I mostly made them for myself or friends with brief period of selling to raise money for the M11 campaign many years ago in Oxleas wood. More recently to support a friend with her craft business and now finally after friends suggesting I should making sculptures available for the general public. Through My Etsy shop
These are made by me each individual hand sculpted in clay or polymer clay mostly from ideas or images that have seen or come to me. Some are commisioned pieces when I listern to the request of the individuals personal experience of the diety.

My Goddess is amazing so well made I highly recommend these to anyone thinking about buying one
ReplyDelete